Our experienced loan consultants will guide you through the lending process and are happy to answer any questions you may have. But if you wish to learn more, or seek additional background, these are a few of the many resources available:
Your credit score is a key factor when obtaining a loan. These sites explain how your score is determined, and how to monitor your own credit history.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – information about your government-mandated free annual credit report
- AnnualCreditReport.com – the designated government-authorized source to obtain your free report
- Credit Karma
A variety of governmental and non-governmental agencies serve to promote home ownership, and strive to make loans widely available to every type of qualified borrower.
- Fannie Mae
- Freddy Mac
- Ginnie Mae
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Governmental consumer protection and industry regulatory agencies